McLean International Travel Grant
To supplement the financial aid currently available for international study courses or programs, McLean International Travel Grants will be awarded through a competitive application process. Awards will be made based on student academic standing, need, the quality of an essay describing the significance of this travel opportunity, and available funding. For more information, contact Michaela Wickman.
- Complete the McLean Travel Grant application
Brother Bear International Scholarship
The Brother Bear Award is funded from an endowment established in memory of Northland College student Bjorn Erik Norgaard. The award supports international study for students with financial need, and this award cycle the fund will provide a $150 scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship, please submit the following:
- Complete a McLean Travel Grant application
- Include a statement—not to exceed one page—that describes how your proposed international study will do one or more of the following:
- Move you significantly out of your comfort zone
- Expose you to new perspectives that help you to be more informed citizens
- Allow you to explore art, music, or theatre that is not accessible in the U.S.
- Connect you to places of spiritual significance
- Focus on research about the origins of the your’ ancestors
- Contribute to your development of the whole person.
Applicants for the scholarship will be evaluated on the basis of their financial need, the nature of their proposed international study, and the clarity of their written statement. Applications are due by noon on October 16, 2017.
The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
Study Abroad include numerous international scholarships and criteria information.A study abroad scholarship is a monetary award for students to use toward the expenses of their program such as travel, course credits, books and lodging. Students must apply for scholarships and some can be very competitive while others are underutilized. There are several types of study abroad scholarships to apply, Learn more.