Use this checklist to make sure you have everything complete and in order prior to graduation.
- Fill out online Graduation Application the semester prior to planning to graduate
Complete the requirements of the general education curriculum from your catalog
- Complete First Year Experience
- Earn at least 124 semester credits
- Complete at least 30 credits at Northland
- Complete 20 of the final 30 credits at Northland
- Obtain 2.0 GPA in major/minor/overall (EDU program 3.0)
- Complete major program requirements with at least 20 Northland credits
- Complete program in required time (usually 10 semesters of attendance)
- Confirm all outstanding debts with the College have been fulfilled
The following items are noted on the Graduation Application and are listed below for your reference:
- Submission of the graduation application will result in a degree audit. You will be notified of any graduation deficiencies, and it is your responsibility to remove those deficiencies with the help of your advisor and/or a member of the Registrar’s Office. NOTE: If all deficiencies are not resolved by the deadline indicated by the Registrar’s Office at the time of the audit, you will be removed from the graduation list.
- If you wish to remove yourself from the graduation list, the Registrar’s Office must be contacted.
- If your semester of graduation is changed or all graduation requirements are not met, it is your responsibility to complete a new Graduation Application.
- Diplomas will be mailed within six weeks of conferral date. The receipt of your diploma and any requested official transcripts will be delayed if there are any outstanding financial obligations to the College. This includes, but is not limited to, outstanding tuition, fees, housing costs, fines, damages or sanctions, parking tickets, or any other outstanding charges incurred on your account.
- Your Northland student email will continue to be your official link with the College regarding any notices from the College, including those regarding the commencement ceremony. It is your responsibility to check your campus email on a regular basis.