Northland College is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and inclusive environment for all students who live on campus. As part of this commitment, we offer this opportunity to allow students to request being matched to live with a roommate who identifies as LGBTQ+ or an ally. An ally is defined as someone who identifies as straight and wants to be supportive of those who identify as LGB2TQAI+.
Before completing the form, please thoroughly read the following:
- To be considered for a roommate match through this program, you must have already submitted your Northland College Housing & Meal Plan Agreement and Housing Survey.
- Depending upon the number of requests for this matching process, you may experience some wait time between submitting this form and learning of your roommate assignment.
- This roommate matching form should be submitted no later than August 1 for fall semester housing. This allows time for us to find a student who best matches your roommate preferences.
- After August 1, you can still fill out this form, but we will then use the form to help facilitate a Room Change Request. Room change requests will be addressed after the first four weeks of fall semester.
- This form is confidential and will be submitted to Residential Life. If you have further questions about the process or the status of your request, please contact Residential Life.
- Completing this form does not guarantee a positive living experience, but may help provide a living environment that is more comfortable for you.
NOTE: If you already know who you would like as a roommate, you do not need to go through this roommate matching process. Requests for a specific roommate must be mutual and both requests must be included in your Housing Survey. If you are matched as part of this process, you must keep the placement and match until the open room change period in the fall.