We are hiring for a part-time farmhand position to assist with farm production, approximately 20-25 hours per week. Ideally three days, Wednesday-Friday, from June 3 – August 30 (or through September if possible). Duties will include: soil prep, seeding, transplanting, watering, weeding, delivery, harvesting, mulching, packaging, bucket washing, and other projects that may arise.
The farmhand will work together and independently to carry out the various duties involved in operating a cut flower and vegetable farm. Conditions may vary depending on the weather. Hourly wage will be $12/hr with completion bonus of $250. A one-month probation period with eligibility for a performance based raise.
Wild Hollow Farm is a cut flower and vegetable farm located ten miles south of Ashland, WI. We provide fresh cut flowers to grocery stores, a regional CSA, as well as many weddings, events, and workshops during the summer. Our vegetables and flowers are grown in the field and under five high tunnels. We actively farm two acres as well as several acres in perennial flower, hazelnut, currant, and decorative woody production. We follow sustainable growing practices.
- Farm work is physically demanding – the ability to bend, squat, lift forty pounds, pull, carry, push, etc. is a must. Working efficiently and safely is crucial.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with experience working independently.
- The ability to problem-solve, strong attention to detail, and communicate effectively.
- Experience working outdoors in an agricultural/garden setting is preferred.
- Must be able to work outside in a variety of weather environments.
- Reliable transport to/from the farm.
Wild Hollow Farm 42395 Berweger Road Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
If you have questions, email is our preferred method of communication. If interested in applying, please send letter, resume, and two references to Melissa Fischbach.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Melissa Fischbach firstname.lastname@example.org