Camp Bovey is seeking staff in several poisitons to further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of program activities and events. Design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities.
The purpose of Camp Bovey is to provide fun and encouraging outdoor experiences that ignite curiosity, create connections, and grow confidence. Our core values are Caring, Sharing, Curiosity, and Connection.
We currently have the following positions:
- Program Director
- Environmental Education Director
- Waterfront Director
- Business Administrator
- Healthcare Provider
- Kitchen Assistant
- Maintenance Assistant
- Nature Arts Specialist
- Outdoor Skills Specialist
- Cabin Counselors (7)
These positions have a variety of responsibilities which include the following:
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their living unit, within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth.
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
- Responsible for leading and assisting with the teaching of activities.
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
- Provide for the progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
- Assist in program areas such as waterfront, nature, all camp activities, and arts and crafts as directed.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
- Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by health care manager.
- Be alert to campers and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss with camp health manager and/or resident camp director when appropriate.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to camp director.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
- Set a good example to campers and others in regards to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
East Side Neighborhood Services- Camp Bovey 1700 2nd St NE Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413 Website
Number of Position Openings: 18
Please visit our website to review specific positions, responsibilities and compensation. Apply directly online:.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted along with the application using the link. If you are unable to attach your either of those documents within the application, you may send them to:
East Side Neighborhood Services
1700 Second Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
or by email to campboveyHR@gmail.com
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
East Side Neighborhood Services campboveyHR@gmail.com