True Friends provides life changing opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities and high medical needs to reach their true potential. Through camp, respite, travel, and other program opportunities, participants learn new skills and build their feelings of self-worth. We have 30+ different roles ranging from direct care, health care, administrative, kitchen staff, marketing and more. We hire 250-300 typically college age students every summer between four Minnesota camp locations: Camp Courage, Camp Friendship, Camp Courage North, and Camp Eden Wood.
Direct Care roles: Adventure Trip Leaders, Activities Counselor, Inclusion Counselors, and Cabin Counselors
Health Care roles: Camp Nursing Assistants, Camp RN, and Health Center Coordinator
Administrative roles: HR Assistant, Volunteer Services Assistant, Transportation Coordinator, Office Coordinator
Marketing roles: Marketing & Communications Assistant, Digital Media Specialist
Leadership roles: Youth Development Coordinators, Seasonal Camp Manager, Cabin Coordinator, Activities Coordinator, Day Camp Coordinator, Special Events + Volunteer Coordinator, and more.
Check out our website for a list of all current position openings.
Direct care staff (cabin counselors, activities counselors, adventure trip leaders, camp nursing assistants) are responsible for the daily support and personal care of campers who are all ages and ability levels. Activities counselors are additionally responsible for leading adaptive recreational programming.
Administrative staff are responsible for supporting all staff, campers, and volunteers in the office setting.
Leadership positions are responsible for managing and coordinating camp staff ensuring they’re providing quality care and experiences to campers.
You should apply if you are:
- Organized and are able to pay great attention to detail.
- Successfully able to lead and coach others.
- Motivated to take initiative and be a role model for all staff.
- Passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Able to support others with daily living skills.
- Happy to live and work in a communal setting.
- Eager to take initiative and have a strong work ethic.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- CPR/First Aid certified, Lifeguard certified, camping experience, prior experience with the population are highly valued but NOT required.
True Friends 10509 108th Street Northwest Annandale, Minnesota 55302 Website