Country Care Pet Hospital is located in Washburn, WI. It is a full service pet hospital and veterinary clinic which provides surgical and general health care for pets. They are open M-F 9-5 and Saturdays 9-12. They are seeking an intern (unpaid) for fall or winter semester.
The goal of the internship is to provide a thorough pre-vet experience and can include:
- Time and exposure at pet hospital to cover as broad a range of procedures as possible, including surgeries, preventive health care, laboratory procedures, and internal medicine cases.
- Time and exposure to Helping Paws animal rescue
- Time and exposure to animal welfare with Ashland County animal control
Attributes an intern must have to function and learn in this hospital:
- Complete commitment to excellent patient care
- Love, kindness, and gentleness with sick, injured or stressed patients
- Self motivation to improve skills and knowledge on a daily basis
- Ability to remain calm, but act quickly in the face of a medical emergency
- Ability to employ rational thought to any situation for which there is no specific protocol
- Desire to act, speak and think in the best interest of this hospital
- Friendly, attentive attitude toward clients and their families; ability to make all people surrounding the pet feel comfortable
- Willingness to work in cooperation with all other staff members, to learn from all staff members, and to learn from every patient and client
Country Care Pet Hospital Washburn, Wisconsin Website