Northland College, a private liberal arts college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior, seeks a payroll administrator/HR generalist.
The payroll administrator/HR generalist reports to the assistant controller and works closely with the human resources director and is responsible for processing bi-monthly payrolls, facilitating employee benefits enrollment, on-boarding new employees; responding to employee and management needs related to employee compensation; maintaining employee files; and performing other accounting duties such as account reconciliations and labor accruals, As part of the Business Office this role has many opportunities for growth and advancement within Northland College.
- Payroll experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adeptness in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Ability to quickly learn new and technical tasks related to computer systems.
- Accounting experience in payroll, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable.
- Employee benefits administration experience.
- Two years of experience in customer service.
- Associates degree in accounting. Bachelors would allow for expanded responsibilities.
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Flexible working conditions and competitive benefits.
Northland College is a nationally recognized College founded in 1892 and focused on the environment and providing outdoors, experiential learning and leadership opportunities to its students.
Northland College 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806