The Northland College admissions office assistant will provide support to ensure the highest level of customer service to prospective students and families.
Primary functions and duties of the Northland College admissions office manager will include:
- Initial point of contact for prospective students and their families.
- Answer main phone line.
- Return emails and voicemails within one business day.
- Answer questions from students, parents, and staff regarding admissions policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and relay confidential information from students, parents, faculty, staff, and other key constituencies of the College regarding admissions policies at Northland College.
- Coordinate visit activities for the Admissions Office.
- Answer questions from students, parents and groups seeking to visit Northland.
- Make arrangements with admissions counselors, faculty and staff across campus to coordinate an effective visit for students, parents and groups. This may include lodging, tours, class attendance, interviews with faculty, admissions and coaches and coordination with admissions counselors so they are informed of their visitors each week.
- Work with campus staff to arrange customized activity experiences for groups who visit Northland College during a summer program.
- Greet visitors once they arrive on campus, ensure they feel comfortable and welcome, provide them their schedule and connect them with the individuals they will be visiting during their stay.
- Send confirmation emails prior to campus visits and follow-up messages after each visit.
- Coordinate any required airport or bus pickups.
- Make arrangements for reserved parking spaces for visitors and coordinate any problems with campus security.
- Data entry
- Receive incoming student data files from multiple sources, prepare the records for the import utility process, and execute the import.
- Manually enter student information received by email, mail or from college fairs and high school visits.
- Processing and resolving potential duplicate student records.
- Coordinate the timely entry of all student records with support from other members of the admissions staff.
- Provide support for other roles in the office as needed.
- Developing and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships with other department and college staff.
- Handling sensitive and confidential information in a business-like manner.
- Assisting others, as necessary, in keeping work current, meeting deadlines, or spreading workloads equitably.
- Prioritizing work activities to complete assignments by expected deadlines and to make the most effective use of available time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously, strong organization and efficient data management skills.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Northland College Admissions 1411 Ellis Ave Ashland, Wisconsin 54806-3925 Website