Inspire and educate the next generation of conservationists while working on nature conservancy preserves and Milwaukee County Parks this summer!
The Nature Conservancy of Wisconsin is seeking applicants with a background in youth leadership for a mentor position for our summer high school internship program. You’ll lead a group of teens as they work outdoors and learn about the environment. You’ll also gain experience working with partners, facilitating program logistics, and conducting land stewardship work.
- Location: The work location alternates between Mukwonago River watershed preserves (East Troy, WI) and Milwaukee County Parks.
- Dates: The 12-week position lasts from early June to late August and includes preparation, intern session, and wrap-up.
- Create a positive experience and cohesive team environment for a group of six interns
- Supervise and mentor interns in daily work
- Work alongside Conservancy and County Parks staff and interns on stewardship projects such as trail maintenance, habitat management, and species monitoring
- Manage program logistics, including transportation
- Communicate among partners and ensure smooth program function
The ideal candidate will have the following background and skills:
- College-level coursework in a relevant field, and a completed college degree is a plus
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with youth, especially high school students
- Experience working outdoors and tolerance of long hours and strenuous activities in the field
- Team player with communication and organizational skills, flexibility, and sense of humor
- Ability and willingness to transport interns between work locations
- First aid training is preferred
- Cross-cultural experience is preferred, and Spanish language skills are beneficial
- Valid driver’s license
The Nature Conservancy 633 W Main Street Madison, Wisconsin 53703 Website