The service desk specialist provides front-line technology support to end users (students, faculty, and staff) as well as active directory account management and other tasks and procedures relating to computer hardware and software technical support within the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Responsible for Help Desk requests providing efficient and timely first and second level support
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining user accounts through active directory including account creation, permissions, security groups, and account deletion
- Oversee maintenance of print/copy machines including first level support, submitting service requests, monitoring supply inventory, ordering supplies, and submitting quarterly print billing totals
- Working with system administrator to image and place computers into service; repair network ports and wiring, UPS maintenance, and other network level support
- Supervise student computer technicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or two years of college-level coursework or training in a technology related discipline.
- Two years of applied work experience with computing systems is desirable but not required.
- Proficiency with PC and Macintosh computer systems and Microsoft Office supported applications.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair computer problems.
- Excellent customer service, administrative, documentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, follow policies and procedures, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of networking.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant information technology discipline.
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience supervising student workers.
- Knowledge of industry standards and trends.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Must be able to interact professionally with students, faculty, and staff. Must have the physical strength to perform the duties of this position such as, but not limited to, lifting computer equipment and physically moving and installing equipment.
Information Technology 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website