1 credit = 45 hours per semester (approx. 3 hours/week) OR 2 credits = 90 hours per semester (approx. 6 hours/week)
The mentor will have some flexibility in choosing work schedule, but should plan to work between 3-6 hours per week depending on how many credits the intern signs up for.
Intern will mentor Ashland High School (AHS) 11 grade students enrolled in the Talent Search Program through WEOP.
- Provide 11 grade AHS WEOP students with tutoring/academic counseling for a minimum of 3 hours per week during the winter semester and May term. (January-May)
- Assist WEOP advisors with the planning and implementation of 2-3 volunteer activities with students.
- Possibly help chaperone 1-2 WEOP field trips.
- Submit timesheets and reports to WEOP advisor in a timely manner. (2 times per month)
- Sophomore, junior, or senior from Northland College
- Ideal candidate will:
- Be a current/former TRIO student/first-generation/low-income student
- Have interest in a career in student services and/or education
- Must have the ability to:
- Relate well to youth and be a positive role model
- Be flexible and dependable
- Communicate professionally and effectively with students, parents, teachers, and community
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain an independent schedule in consultation with immediate supervisor
WI Department of Public Instruction 620 Beaser Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
Send/Scan resume to
WI Department of Public Instruction
620 Beaser Avenue
Ashland, WI 54806
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018
Heather Laakso Heather.email@example.com