Northland College, An NCAA Division III private liberal arts college in Ashland, Wisconsin, invites applications for the position of head men’s soccer coach. Reporting to the director of athletics, the successful candidate will direct and manage the successful development of student athletes both in the classroom and on the court by providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of a prominent and successful Division III soccer program, by educating soccer student-athletes on the strategies and fundamentals of soccer, establish and execute a plan for competitive game strategies, schedule games, recruit student athletes, supervise team members during off-campus trips, arrange transportation and lodging, and manage the program and its budget in a manner which reflects Northland’s commitment to quality competition and ethical behavior.
This is a full-time (twelve month) position that will include additional responsibilities within the athletic department. Additional responsibilities will be determined based upon the interests and skills of the candidate.
Northland College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Northland College provides equal opportunity for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Northland College is an affirmative action employer. People of color, women, and others who would provide diverse perspectives to our College are encouraged to apply for this position.
- bachelor’s degree is required with a master’s degree preferred
- minimum of two years of successful college coaching experience
- experience and skills in training or instructing student-athletes
- proven experience in recruiting successful student-athletes consistent with NCAA guidelines
- demonstrated leadership experience in team management to include supervising assistant coaches and student managers
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- ability to analyze situations and develop solutions; ability to travel and work non-traditional hours
- ability to foster positive internal and external public relations
Preference will be given to candidates with significant experience coaching at the collegiate level; knowledge and demonstrated experience with NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Coaches must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet Northland College driving standards.
Northland College Ashland, Wisconsin