Ashland County GIS Department is providing internship opportunities to assist on various activities and projects including spatially rectifying road centerline layer, attribute composition for building-footprint layer, collecting GPS data, layer creation with attribute composition, assisting municipalities with culvert inventory, indexing maps of surveys; all while experiencing local government multi-department operations.
Represent Ashland County with professionalism and respect.
Specific responsibilities will be provided based on what project(s) the intern has an interest in.
- Proficient in GIS (Esri software preferred)
- At least one course in GIS, remote sensing, or related field
- Data management skills and experience in Excel
- Required to pass a background check
- Returning undergraduate student
- Willingness to learn a diverse set of tasks
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and personal vehicle (if interested in field work)
Ashland County 201 Main Street West Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
Submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial is fine), and an Ashland County Employment Application to:
Ashland County GIS Department
201 Main Street West, Room 205B
Ashland, WI 54806
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
Brittany Goudos-Weisbecker firstname.lastname@example.org