Intern will be responsible for assisting staff with fisheries management activities on Lake Superior. Activities will include monitoring Lake Superior fisheries using standard gear (gill nets, fyke nets, electrofishing, seine) on Wisconsin waters of Lake Superior including the Apostle Islands area and Chequamegon Bay. Other activities include creel survey, age interpretation of fish, data entry, and assisting with the stocking of fish.
- Must be able to accurately identify common Lake Superior fish to species name. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
- Must be willing to work early morning and late evening hours according to an assigned schedule.
- A well-qualified applicant will have taken numerous fisheries coursework in college and have volunteer or work experience in fisheries.
This position is a Northland College Work Study Cost Share. Eligibility includes:
- Returning student for 2019-20 year
- File FAFSA for 2019-20 school year and be packaged for financial aid
- Register for 3 credit internship
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Chequamegon Bay Area
Send email with resume and cover letter to Brad Ray.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2019
Brad Ray Bradley.Ray@Wisconsin.gov