Can you envision a life of freedom and calling your own shots?
Are you looking for a fast-paced, highly productive environment?
Do you think hard work should be recognized and rewarded?
Do you want to work for a company with exceptional financial strength?
Then this just may be the internship for you.
The Northwestern Mutual internship truly has it all.
- Top-notch training
- Flexibility for school
- Team support and mentorship
- The chance to make an impact
Financial representative interns ask clients and prospects many questions to understand their financial goals and identify creative financial solutions. They’re in business for themselves, but they’re never alone. They have support from our Home Office in Milwaukee and our team, made up of experienced advisors and leaders within our firm.
Northwestern Mutual will invest in getting interns Life, Accident & Health Insurance licensed, as well as provide 40+ hours of nationally recognized classroom training from our Home Office around product training and leadership development.
- Minneapolis (Downtown)
- Eden Prairie
- St. Cloud
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies, products and services to help clients meet their financial objectives.
- Create and propose a Personal Planning Analysis (PPA), which delivers comprehensive planning for the personal needs and goals of clients and prospects.
- Provide information and education to clients about the purpose and details of financial products, services and strategies.
- Build and maintain client database (CRM), keep client financial plans up-to-date and acquire new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status that may impact existing financial plans.
- Attend weekly development meetings with various members of leadership to focus on personal and professional development.
- Initiate joint work with senior advisors to learn about Northwestern Mutual’s products/services and enhance professional skills.
- Receive weekly business coaching regarding activity to find areas of opportunity or improvement.
- Results-driven, highly motivated, self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and the desire to help others plan for and protect their financial futures.
- Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with a high degree of self-confidence.
- Ability to become licensed to sell Life, Accident & Health Insurance by devoting 40 hours of study and passing a
- Must be a full-time student
Northwestern Mutual 11 E Superior St Ste 400 Duluth, Minnesota Website
Please email your resume to Campus Recruiter Jackie Glasenapp.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019
Jackie Glasenapp email@example.com