The environmental educator will join a friendly, dynamic staff that is dedicated to carrying out Hartley Nature Center’s mission of inspiring lifelong connections with nature through education, play and exploration.
- Develop and teach environmental education programs and nature-based day camps to youth ages four to twelve.
- Participate in staff trainings on outdoor learning, nature play, behavior management, lesson plan development, etc.
- Contribute to nature center projects, such as our organizational newsletter, equipment care and purchasing, caring for native plant gardens, live animal exhibits, monarch butterfly exhibit, etc.
- Forty hours per week preferred, between 8am-8pm, Monday-Friday, plus one weekend day per month.
- Genuine interest in working with children in the outdoors
- Experience teaching environmental education or outdoor recreation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate with people of all ages and abilities in a positive manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Hartley Nature Center 3001 Woodland Ave Duluth, Minnesota 55803 Website
More information is available on our website. Applicants please include a cover letter, resume and a minimum of two professional or educational references. Please direct applications or inquiries to:
Tiffany Smith, Education Director
Hartley Nature Center
3001 Woodland Ave
Duluth, MN 55803
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Tiffany Smith email@example.com