Xcel Energy is seeking a distribution design and operations intern at our Ashland Service Center (Wisconsin) for the the 2018-2019 school year. The internship is part time with scheduling flexibility.
The purpose of this position is to provide the student with a broad look at the distribution operations of the electrical and natural gas utility industry and for the student to provide support for the design staff. Intern will aid design department staff with office support with some field work support. Work will consist of, but not be limited to: filing, data entry, phone work, record retention, correspondence, spreadsheet development and assisting designers in the field.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
- Candidate must be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at a post-secondary education institution
- Ability to work part time during the school year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must possess drivers license
- Ability to stay on throughout the school year
- Enrolled in a relevant degree program
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Excel Energy Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website