We believe in a Minnesota where our government and our economy is by us and for us. Where each person has the power to make decisions that affect their community, their lives, and their futures. TakeAction Minnesota is a hub for Minnesota’s progressive movement. We align individual activists and organizational allies around shared values, a long-term vision, and campaigns to win concrete change for racial, social, and economic justice.
Leadership and Skill Building Opportunities
- Community Organizing
- Media Strategies
- Office Management
- Deeper understanding of systemic barriers
- Knowledge of how to connect organizing, electoral work & policy
Duties (can be tailored to intern’s interests)
- One to one visits with people facing barriers
- Letters to the Editor, Op Eds
- Manage social media
- Story collecting
- Database management
- General office duties
- Meeting facilitation skills – meeting notes, facilitation, etc
- Organizing skills trainings
- Help facilitate direct outreach – door knocks, phone banks, house parties, etc
- Follow-up on prospects from our outreach efforts
- Attend relevant community meetings & opportunities
- Networking & building relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Someone with an understanding of systemic barriers and how they affect women and people of color.
- Self-directed, ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Take Action Minnesota 25 North 21st Ave. West Duluth, Minnesota Website
Number of Position Openings: 2