Wedge Editors (Hiring 2)
The editors of the Wedge, Northland’s yearbook, are responsible for planning and producing the publication by the end of the winter term—before May term!
Inherent to the position are skills in graphic design, digital photography, and public relations. Much of the editor’s time is spent collecting and taking photos in the beginning of the year. Then, editing in Photoshop and creating the publication in InDesign. Preferably applicants will be familiar with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop; however, training can be provided. The Wedge editor will be expected to attend and contribute to scheduled S.P. meetings and successfully coordinate and communicate with S.P.’s other members as needed.
Drifts Editors (Hiring 1)
Drifts editors are responsible for overseeing the production of Drifts. Major duties and responsibilities:
- Selecting staff writers and meeting regularly with staff writers to plan each issue of the newspaper.
- Editing articles sent in by both staff and freelance writers to publishing quality.
- Designing each issue of the newspaper.
- Ensuring payment to staff and freelance writers for their work.
- Editors may also submit articles they have written for the newspaper, but they will receive no extra monetary compensation for these articles in addition to their salaries.
- Attending monthly S.P. meetings, proposing a yearly budget and production schedule for Drifts, and meeting regularly with one another.
- Developing the vision of the student newspaper.
- Inherent to the position are skills in grammar, editing and proofreading, graphic design, digital photography, and public relations. Knowledge of AP style is a plus. Applicants should be proficient with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop; however, training can be provided.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Run events.
- Promote publications.
- Working with Adobe software.
Northland College Student Publications 1411 Ellis Ave Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
Number of Position Openings: 3
Send a resume and cover letter highlighting the reasons you are interested in this position, prior design and/or photography experience, and the assets you will bring to student publications. Also include any examples of layout/design work you have. These materials should be sent to Sara Beadle at email@example.com.
Send a resume and cover letter highlighting the reasons you are interested in this position, relevant editing and design experience, and the assets you will bring to Student Publications. Any examples of layout/design work you have should be included as well. Send all materials to Sara Beadle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: September 6, 2019
Sara Beadle email@example.com