3 – credit Internship available.
Part-time: 9 -12 hrs / week for 7 weeks.
Paid: $8.75 / hr.
A community support specialist at New Horizons provides community-based services to people with disabilities. We are eager to get you paired in meaningful ways with these consumers. Our intern would enjoy variety within a week—different clients, various sites, and many kinds of activities. Staff members are supportive and enthusiastic, providing ample training to new members of the team. Community support specialists appreciate their rewarding work by helping our communities be more accessible for all. Company fleet vehicles are on hand for most transportation pieces.
Applicants must be compassionate, attentive, and flexible. Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus, but not required.
Example of duties/responsibilities:
- Providing respect and listening thoughtfully.
- Supporting people as they work towards their goals.
- Assisting with personal cares, if needed.
- Acting as a role model for making community connections.
- Attending meetings and writing reports, if needed.
- Job coaching, if needed.
- Genuine interest in helping others.
- Professional and adaptive demeanor.
- Must pass background check.
- At least 21 years of age with valid driver’s license and access to reliable personal transportation.
New Horizons North 514 Main Street West Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website