This position offers the opportunity to sharpen basic public relations skills and be a part of building the future image of one of the world’s leading humanitarian organization. The communications associate works in the state of Wisconsin—location in Ashland or Wausau or Eau Claire areas a plus, but not a must—directly with the regional chief communications officer on communications and marketing campaigns that directly impact the American Red Cross mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Carry out communications and marketing projects as assigned.
- Assist the department in community, media and internal relations during both local campaign and disaster situations. This may include going to a disaster site, such as a house fire, answering media calls or monitoring news reports in addition to daily responsibilities.
- Assist in website content and organization management
- Engage in social media strategy and execution
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Craft media relations products and pitch to media as appropriate
- Any other duties as assigned
American Red Cross Wisconsin Website
Send your resume in an email to Justin Kern
In addition, in the body of the email, please include your major, year of study, and share why you feel this position is interesting.
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Justin Kern email@example.com