The trip director supervises all aspects of trips attended by Camp Jorn campers. This includes staff supervision, planning all out of camp trips, taking care of program materials and supervising trips. The trip director is supervised by the assistant camp directors along with the camp director. The trips at camp include day hikes, canoe and backpacking trips, and overnight camping trips. The trip director is responsible for orienting their staff on the tripping program at camp, and preparing their staff to lead out of camp trips
Pay Range: $300-400/week
Come build character, confidence and community through enriching outdoor experiences as a camp counselor at Camp Jorn YMCA. We are looking for the finest candidates to be teachers, friends, and role models to help our campers learn and develop character.
By joining the Camp Jorn team, you will guide our campers to reach their highest potential. You will become part of over 60 years of camping tradition, all while making a competitive salary in the beauty of the Wisconsin Northwoods.
Pay Range: $230-255/week
The Camp Jorn waterfront director is to ensure campers have a fun and safe experience through managing the waterfront program area. We are looking for an individual with lifeguard experience and working at a waterfront.
Pay Range: $300-400/week
- Possess current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED.
- Previous wilderness camping experience.
- Ability to demonstrate wilderness skills in accordance with Camp Jorn and ACA standards.
- Proven leadership ability with organizational skills and a talent for supporting others.
- Specific knowledge of northern Wisconsin recreation areas.
- The ability to work in outdoor conditions and environments for extended periods of time.
- At least 21 years of age preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with campers, parents and staff.
- Create and lead structured camp activities in accordance with Camp Jorn guidelines.
- Uphold and maintain camp, YMCA and ACA standards in regards to camp activities.
- Ensure safety through enforcing all safety and health rules and guidelines among campers, peers, parents, and guests.
- Supervise and manage camper behavior effectively.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with campers; helping them connect with each other and to Camp Jorn YMCA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Lifeguarding in a camp setting.
- Current Lifeguarding Certificate required.
- Ability to work with children outdoors and relate to one’s peer group.
- Ability and experience in supervising campers and staff.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- Some college experience or equivalent.
- Assist in setup waterfront area, including marker lines, buoys, waterfront equipment, and first aid equipment in a safe and effective configuration.
- Understand, follow and train all staff in the routines and procedures for the waterfront.
- Supervise and train all camp staff in the performance of emergency drills and waterfront operating procedures and American Camp Association standards.
- Ensure that all waterfront equipment is properly used and cared for.
- Evaluate and grade (red, yellow, & green) within the set of qualifications each camper’s and staff member’s swimming ability.
- Supervise and evaluate staff teaching swim lessons, canoeing, sailing, and ensure a quality lesson is taught at all times.
- Assure that waterfront standards are met at all times in accordance with our risk management policy and various regulating agencies.
- Perform lifeguarding duties as directed by the camp director.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of lifeguard and waterfront staff.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family.
- Participate in all general staff meetings as set out before the season begins.
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss, plan, and evaluate camp sessions.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for the following summer.
- Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Camp Jorn YMCA 13591 Zenner Lane Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin 54545 United States Website