The Bretting Community Center (BCC) is the home to the City of Ashland’s Parks and Recreation Department. It is a place where community member come to hang out, participate in recreation classes and find out general information about the City of Ashland. The BCC, during the academic year, is open seven days a week. Attendants typically work one day/week for no more than four hours and rotate weekends. Attendants also have the chance to work at special events and other programs the Parks and Recreation Department offers.
- Attendants are responsible for the supervision of all area open to the public: game room, gym, restroom, locker room, hallway, etc.
- Attendants are responsible for the knowledge and enforcement of BCC policies.
- Attendants are expected to have a basic knowledge of APR programming (provided by APR) and possess good customer service skills.
- Attendants are responsible for closing the BCC at the end of the shift: lightly cleaning facility, putting up chairs, wiping off tables, picking up putting equipment away, end of day daily accounting and filling out appropriate paperwork.
- Employees will be responsible to prepare the facility prior to opening: set up tables and chairs, unlocking front, side and gym doors; unlocking the cabinet, daily accounting, etc).
- Experience working with kids ages six – adults, ability to effectively communicate with patrons and supervisors, and committed to working at the BCC.
- Attendants must be able to communicate discipline problems, needed supplies, concerns or schedule changes to the supervisor or director.
- Interested individuals should have knowledge of basic First Aid, adult/child CPR, and AED, and knowledge of general office equipment: copier, computers, telephone system, security system, etc
City of Ashland Parks and Recreation
Number of Position Openings: 5