Northland College, an environmentally focused liberal arts college on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in Ashland, Wisconsin, invites qualified educators to apply for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor of teacher education. PhD or EdD required; ABD may be considered.
The ideal candidate will have a strong record of teaching experience in diverse university and K-12 school settings, and have the potential to assume departmental administrative and leadership roles.
Northland College’s Educator Preparation Program has been nationally recognized for its clinical residency program, emphasis on experiential learning, teaching through partnerships, and faculty-student research focused on innovative practice and application. At Northland College, small classes provide opportunities for students and faculty to establish relationships that will serve as a foundation for the student’s academic career and development as an educator.
Depending on the experience and expertise of the successful hire, she or he will be responsible for teaching a range of undergraduate foundations, curriculum and/or content-area methods coursework, collaborating with program faculty to support program goals and leadership, and supporting the College’s focus on the environment and sustainability.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least five (5) years of successful K-12 teaching experience.
- Teach undergraduate foundation and curriculum courses through disciplinary integration and an emphasis on the environment and sustainability.
- Supervise clinical and student teachers in area schools.
- Develop a program of scholarly work that engages and incorporates undergraduate research.
- Participate in departmental assessment and accreditation review processes.
- Promote diversity, equity, advocacy, and excellence in learning, teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Strive to address issues of equity and social justice related to race, class, gender, disability, and language with future educators.
- Assist pre-service teachers with Wisconsin licensure requirements, including the education Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) and Foundations of Reading Test (FORT).
We seek an educator and scholar who actively promotes diversity, equity, and excellence in the classroom, advances the field of teacher education, and brings passion to their teaching, scholarship, and service.
Education Department 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806
A complete application will contain a cover letter, CV or resume, names and contact information for three references, and a statement of teaching philosophy relative to undergraduate teacher education.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2018, with a late August 2019 start date. The position will remain open until filled.
Human Resources email@example.com