Northland College Archives works to collect and maintain historical information and artifacts of the college. This position works with the Alumni Office and alumni volunteers in the college archives (located in the penthouse of the CSE) on a variety of projects. The experience is available as a volunteer position or a 1-credit internship. The position includes training on methods, research, and documentation that are pertinent to careers in library special collections, local museums, and related fields.
Projects are customized to fit students’ interests and experiences. A list of possible projects include:
- Correctly mark the items listed in inventory with NC archive stamp, NCAC id# and enter that which has been counted and marked to the inventory data on the computer
- Research of information for requests on our watch list and present materials
- Research lost items/collections (see list and find so we can make requests for return)
- Collect digital records from our organizations and different departments of the college
- Create digital records to make available what is in our archives
- Research information on Northland alumni for possible awards, and information on what they did after leaving Northland to add to the “Notable Northlander” files, which are used by awards committee and Northland’s magazine editor
- Update clipping files
- Sort file folders and boxes
- Sort and file all unsorted files and boxes of files
- Research the artists/art in our NC collections, include current location
- Possible special project working with the history of Forest Lodge
- WWII Historical Archives project
- Cataloging capstone documents
Northland College Archives 1411 Ellis Ave Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
Send a resume and short letter of interest to Director of Alumni Jackie Moore.
To earn credit for this internship, application and registration deadlines are: Winter Semester: apply by Jan. 3; registration materials due to the Registrar by Jan. 17
May Semester: apply by April. 10; registration materials due to the Registrar by April 29
If you miss these deadlines, you can apply to be a volunteer in the archives.
Jackie Moore email@example.com