The Office of Alumni Relations and Northland College Alumni are dedicated to advancing the goals of Northland College by providing connection, cooperation, and collaboration between alumni, students, faculty, staff, and the Northland Community. The Office of Alumni Relations provides opportunities for meaningful engagement in order to increase awareness, pride, participation, and philanthropic commitment to Northland College.
The Alumni Relations Intern will create and strengthen communications initiatives to the alumni community using a variety of tools including the Northland College website, social media sites, Google Docs, and written communication. This position will develop tools related to professional communication for the purpose of increasing constituent engagement. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Alumni Board to increase communication to and among current, previous, and future members.
Northland College Office of Alumni Relations, Brownell 212
Compensation and Duration
This is a paid internship available for Fall & Winter Term. Pay will be commensurate with experience and/or ability. The internship is eligible (but not required) for credit based on need and availability. Three-credits would amount to 9 hours per week, while four-credits would be 12 hours per week. This internship is available for academic credit within business and other related areas of study as arranged and approved with instructor.
This internship is highly competitive and will result in practical marketing and communication skills and strategy development that can be applied in many business settings. Additionally, working with the Alumni Board will provide experience with board process, community development and volunteer organizing.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Learning the basics of web content development
- Developing plans for engaging with alumni via social media
- Carrying out communication plans to alumni groups for event promotion
- Facilitating Alumni Board communications and development
- Supporting Alumni Board strategic initiatives
- Learning and implementing a system to track alumni participation for events
- Strong understanding of the College’s mission and vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Interest in marketing, communications, and event planning/production
- Dedicated to the work of building relationships
- Creative in finding new solutions to old problems
- Highly Organized with multiple details
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge and/or interest in communication for the purpose of relationship-building from the ground up
- Independently motivated
- Hard worker and reliable
Alumni Relations 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806
Send a resume and letter of interest. Your letter should include information about yourself and what you could contribute to the position, what you hope to gain from the internship, and how this experience may relate to future career goals.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2019
Jackie Moore firstname.lastname@example.org