At Northland, the Advancement Office is responsible for raising funds for student scholarships, special projects, and daily operations. It is also home to the Office of Alumni Relations. The Advancement Office is housed in Brownell Hall and staffed by five full-time and 3three part-time Northland College staff members.
The advancement services team was developed to meet the multiple needs of the office and provide tailored opportunities for students interested in getting hands-on skills in non-profit fundraising and management.
The phonathon arm of the team is responsible for vital phone calls that engage our alumni, parents, family, and friends in supporting Northland College through gifts to the annual fund. Members are trained in the best practices to success and have peer support from student managers. All staff report to the director of alumni relations and annual giving.
Northland College phonathon callers are responsible for contacting alumni, friends, and parents of Northland College in a fundraising and “friend raising” capacity. Callers will solicit gifts for the College, provide information about the College, or specific programs, and update demographics and alumni records accordingly. Callers must maintain confidentiality of information.
Nightly duties include:
- calling Northland College prospects (alumni, parents and friends)
- accurately filling out paperwork after each call
- maintaining an accurate record of calling activity
- Other duties as assigned.
Phonathon callers serve as ambassadors of Northland College, and as such, should maintain a professional attitude.
- Eager to convey enthusiasm for the College in a positive and mature manner
- Dependable and motivated student with excellent telephone skills and clear voice
- Willing to follow instructions with a high regard for detail
- Comfortable building a case and asking for a gift from alumni, friends and parents of Northland College
- Must be a currently enrolled Northland student
- Previous telemarketing/phonathon experience preferred but not required
- Regard supervisors and co-workers with respect
- Discuss problems with supervisors
- Be punctual and prepared
- Meet calling goals
- Notify supervisor in advance and try to find own replacement if unable to work a scheduled night
Advancement Office 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806 Website
Number of Position Openings: 3
Completed applications can be submitted by email or in person to Jackie Moore ’05, director of alumni relations and annual giving, in Brownell 212. Contact Jackie with questions or to set up an interview. Applications are also available second floor Brownell at the top of the stairs.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
Jackie Moore firstname.lastname@example.org