The accounts payable accountant will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. Will be required to analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors for the institution.
- Maintain vendor files including set up of vendor accounts and obtaining W9’s.
- Receipt, review and approval of requisitions and purchase orders with information being sent to employees and vendors associated with payment for such. Ensures account codes are appropriate as listed when submitted, and if not, follow up with employees for correction. Maintenance of files for documentation purposes. Answers questions and resolves problems related to requisitions and purchase orders using appropriate customer service skills. Print orders and sent to vendors.
- Receipt of vendor invoices with date stamping. Review to determine if there is a purchase order for the invoice. Record on log if sent out for department approval. Disbursement to appropriate employee for approval and data entry. Review and assessment for determination of when to pay and appropriate account codes. Entry of invoices into Jenzabar.
- Review of credit card statements, receipts, and completion of journal entries associated with such.
- Process aging reports with invoices to be paid for Controller approval.
- Weekly check runs for payments to individuals, business and student refunds through the accounts payable process.
- Serve as front line communications for business office walk-in customers, phone calls, email. Answer questions about orders, invoices, payments, credit cards, and various other business related items.
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail for the business office.
- Issuance of student parking permits, record payments for permits, maintain files of permits issued. Issuance and tracking of vendor parking permits. Receive parking ticket payments and record.
- Complete deposits for receipt groups and gifts. Review amounts for deposit and process on-site and manual deposits.
- Assist in determination of work to be performed by students, review completed tasks.
- Completion of 1099’s for end of calendar year including review of vendor accounts and preparation of information for reporting with submission to third party for processing.
- Assists with preparation of audit materials as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree with in accounting, business or finance.
- At least two years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Experience in higher education or non-profit preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make recommendations.
Business Office 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54821
A complete application will contain a cover letter highlighting skills and abilities as noted for the position, resume, and list of three professional references.
Position will remain open until filled.
Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org