Northland College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Northland College is an equal opportunity employer.
Northland College, a private liberal arts college located on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior, seeks an Accounting Assistant for accounts payable. The accounting assistant reports to the controller and is responsible for maintaining purchasing and accounts payable systems; responding to department and vendor needs related to purchasing and payments; processing check, ACH, and online payments; maintaining vendor files; and performing other accounting duties such as account reconciliations, grant expense reporting, and cash receipts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adeptness in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Ability to quickly learn new and technical tasks related to computer systems.
- Accounting experience.
- Two years of experience in customer service.
- Associates degree in accounting. Bachelors would allow for expanded responsibilities.
- Experience working with accounts payable, grants, cash, accounting systems, or in related fields.
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Flexible working conditions and competitive benefits.
Northland College, is a nationally recognized college founded in 1892 and focused on the environment and providing unique, outdoors, experiential learning, and leadership opportunities to its students.
Northland College 1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, Wisconsin 54806