Emergency Funding Application
We are here to help.
Emergency Financial Aid Grants will be used to assist students who require financial assistance due to COVID-19 circumstances and expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus. The goal is to keep students on the path to academic success during this unexpected crisis. Emergency Financial Aid Grants help students who face(d) financial difficulties due to COVID-19. It enables students and families to look to Northland for additional support.
Funding is provided through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). Students who receive money will not be required to repay it.
Emergency Financial Aid grants provide two types of financial support:
- Coronavirus disruptions—expenses incurred due to Coronavirus-related campus transitions
- Institutional hardship—to intervene in cases where a student may be forced to consider withdrawing from the College due to financial hardship created by the Coronavirus
- Title IV eligible current student with a FAFSA on file or other evidence of financial need.
- In good academic standing.
- Demonstrated financial hardship.
Applicants must complete all questions in full and submit a justification and supporting documentation as the situation allows. Examples of supporting documentation include but are not limited to:
- Screenshots of emails and web page
- Documentation showing a loss of employment or significant reduction of wages
- Eviction notice
- Utility bill indicating shut-off notice
- Medical bills not covered by health insurance
- Statement from student accounts